Sunday, January 3, 2021

[Map] THE MADDENING CORRIDORS OF NUCLEAR CHAOS are just too big

2020 was the year of MAP DRAWING. I drew a lot of maps, even made geomorphs. But my magnum opus is this... THE MADDENING CORRIDORS OF NUCLEAR CHAOS! A megadungeon sketched onto four sheets of wrapping paper, adding up to around 100 x 75 cm (that's 40" x 29,5").
Today, I scanned it.
It took about 3 hours and half my sanity.
But it is done.

You can download the full map here...

(Click the link above to get the map in various resolutions, and I've also added a black & white version!)





Four long sheets of wrapping paper.

I scanned it bit-by-bit, in 16 bits. Then stitched it together in GIMP, corrected everything that wasn't lining up.

This is a thing of beauty.



It will probably never see play... But hey, perhaps I (or you, dear reader) can use parts of it?

7 comments:

  1. Nice penmanship!
    This looks like a true labour of love, I will definitely be stealing this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot damn that's a great map. I can feel your madness radiating off it lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahahha yeah, but drawing it was actually meditative and soothing!

      Scanning and editing - that's where madness lies...

      Delete
  3. This is about as crazy as 2020 was !
    Congratulations on the incredible map !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha here's hoping 2021 will be less labyrinthine but more fun :) Thanks, happy new year!

      Delete